A new year and a new decade are coming up in less than 24 hrs…
Alright men, this post is for you so listen up. I've been on enough first dates to be able to say that only a handful of men out there actually put effort into their appearance before a date (one guy actually showed up once with wet hair..and it wasn't raining). You only get one chance at a first impression, so make one that lasts. Here's a few helpful tips on dressing for your date.
The major key is to look casually dashing. This can be achieved with:
– Slim fit jeans in a dark denim wash. (Reliable brands: J Brand, Citizens of Humanity, Seven for all Mankind)
– A button down. You could go with a plaid, or a solid color.
– A good winter look is pairing the button down with a sweater, you can either go with a cardigan or a v neck pullover.
– Boots or a pair of brogues. Guys, I can’t stress how important shoes are. They are one of the first things a women notices. I’ve been attracted to men and checked out what their wearing on their feet and have literally been detoured by a pair of ratty sneakers.
– Complete the look with a dressier jacket. (Calvin Klein always has a number of classy options)
To help you visualize it better, I’ve mocked up an outfit of what this should look like. (Picture on the left)If you’re a Vancouverite like myself, I’ll let you in on a few of my favorite date spots.
– Bao Bei, a chinese brasserie, amazing food, unique drinks, gorgeous atmosphere, great location. (www.bao-bei.ca)
– Six Acres, a tapas and drink restaurant in the heart of Gastown, I love their old library aesthetic, very romantic. (www.sixacres.ca)
– Guilt & Co, another great Gastown hotspot, if you’re looking for drinks and entertainment (live music, sometimes you’ll even catch a night with swing dancing and board games.) this is your spot. (www.guiltandcompany.com)
That’s about all I can help you with, the rest is up to you and I know you’ll do great.